Indianapolis Short-Term Disability Claims Filing Assistance Attorneys

Anyone’s life can be interrupted by an unexpected accident or illness. Many people in this difficult situation unfortunately find their recovery complicated by mounting financial problems, due to medical expenses and the time that they are forced to take off work.

In the state of Indiana, a few different forms of financial assistance are available, depending on a person’s individual circumstances. Call the Hankey Law Office at (800) 520-3633 to learn more.

State Employees

Anyone working for Indiana’s state government is legally entitled to short-term disability benefits. In order to qualify for these benefits, an employee must:

  • Have been a full time employee of the state for at least six months
  • Be absent due to illness or injury, with a doctor’s statement as proof
  • Be absent for at least 30 consecutive calendar days

Typical compensation is 60% of an employee’s usual wages, paid for up to six months. This seems simple on the surface, but many state employees receiving short-term disability benefits face complications, such as difficulty in receiving the benefits they need, or needing additional time off after they return to work. A dedicated Indianapolis short-term disability benefits lawyer can help with these legal questions.

Private Short-term Disability Insurance

Many people who do not work for the state have short-term disability insurance of their own, either through their jobs or through policies they have purchased themselves. While insurance is a very good thing to have, receiving the assistance that one needs is not always as easy as it should be.

The simple truth is that insurance companies and HMOs are businesses. In order to maximize their profits, they need to limit the amount of money paid to their clients. Fortunately, having a good attorney on your side can go a long way towards helping you get the benefits you deserve.

Contact Us

Whether you are filing for short-term disability benefits through the state or a private company, we can help. To speak with an experienced Indianapolis short-term disability claims filing assistance attorney, contact the Hankey Law Office at (800) 520-3633.