Warehouse fire injures worker

Firefighters responded to the HGG warehouse fire March 10 at 4151 E. 96th Street after an employee noticed the dryers and mattress storage room were on fire, according to investigators. Another factory employee, who tried to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, sustained injuries after he was suffocated with smoke. He was then rushed to the Community North Hospital.

Firefighters said the fire was difficult to reach because of the smoky conditions, warehouse’s size, and the many products inside the building, but they managed to put out the fire in one hour.

The estimated cost of the damaged warehouse has yet to be determined.

Suffering fire-related injuries, such as those that the worker in this fire sustained, can leave an employee suffering physically and financially. While many Indiana residents have short-term disability insurance to help them through this trying time, not all insurance companies make it easy to access these insurance benefits. If you have found yourself in such a situation, call (317) 634-8565 to speak with the legal team at the Hankey Law Office, P.C., about how you can fight to get the benefits you are likely owed.