Representation in the Social Security Application Process
When it comes to filing for Social Security disability benefits, many people turn to a trusted representative to help answer questions and help ensure that the process goes smoothly. Many people choose to hire an attorney to help them through the application process and deal with any hearings and requests that may be required by the Social Security Administration (SSA).
It is important to understand the application process when you decide to apply for benefits from the SSA. There are many important steps that must be taken and there is an established appeals process if you believe you have been wrongly denied benefits. If you are considering applying for Social Security disability benefits or need to appeal a denial of benefits, contact the Indianapolis Social Security lawyers of the Hankey Law Office at 317-634-8565.
How a Representative Can Help
Although each Social Security application is unique, the representative usually:
- Helps request information from your file with the SSA
- Assists with the collection of medical records and information that supports your benefits claim
- Attends hearings, conferences, and other meetings with you or on your behalf
- Files appeals claims if necessary
- Questions witnesses during hearings
- Helps the applicant and witnesses prepare for hearings
By consulting an experienced Social Security disability attorney, the applicant may find the process of pursuing benefits to be much easier than trying to navigate it on his or her own.
If you are considering applying for Social Security disability benefits or if your claim has been wrongly denied, contact the Indianapolis Social Security lawyers of the Hankey Law Office at 317-634-8565 to discuss your legal options.